Since WordCamp and the announcement of Gutenberg last year, there has been a range of Gutenberg related news and resources available. In a recent interview with Matt Mullenweg, it was made clear that there was no confirmed date for Gutenberg and WordPress 5.0 as yet, however “we will have one or two orders of magnitude more users of Gutenberg in April.”
We’re expecting to see a ‘Try Gutenberg’ call-out prompt to encourage users to try Gutenberg in WordPress 4.9.6. This prompt will encourage users to try Gutenberg, providing links to information and a button to install the plugin. This can help to grow the number of people testing the features, however also poses risks around installing software that’s still in active development in just two clicks.
With this in mind, it is important to stay up to date with all the news and developments around Gutenberg and make sure that as an author, you understand how the industry landscape and your items, might be affected very soon. Check out these handy links to all the latest events, classes and articles that we have compiled to help you get prepared for Gutenberg in 2018!
Please feel free to add to this list and share your favorites by joining the conversation in the forum thread here.
Industry News, Articles & Resources:
- What’s New in Gutenberg 2018
- Curated Collection of Gutenberg Articles, Plugins, Blocks, Tutorials, etc.
- Getting Ready for Gutenberg
- Gutenberg Times
- A Collection of Gutenberg Resources
- Going Gutenberg: Chapter II
- What Gutenberg Means for The Future Of Commercial WordPress Products – Learn from Leading Page Builders’ CEOs
- This Changes Everything: Gutenberg is Good Now
- Gutenberg Myth-Busting: 10 Answers on the Future of Content Creation in WordPress
- Diving Into the New Gutenberg WordPress Editor (Pros and Cons)
- The Gutenberg WordPress Editor: 10 Things You Need to Know
- How existing Content will be affected by Gutenberg
- WordPress Gutenberg Guide: How to Build Your Next Site With the Revolutionary Editor
- Why I believe Gutenberg IS the Future of WordPress
- Theme Hybrid Align wide and full classes
- WordPress Theme Support
- Styling Themes for Gutenberg
- How to add WordPress Theme Styles to Gutenberg – Rich Tabor
- Gutenberg & Themes – New Features that Themes can Opt Into
- Articles about Gutenberg (Github Issue thread with links)
- Gutenberg articles on ManageWP.org
Online and Offline Events, Live Interviews & Meetups:
- Live Q&A with Zac Gordon and Joe Casabona | April 4 – June 27 2018
- Weekly Developer Meeting | Thursday, 5 April 2018, 07:00 GMT+10 in #core
- WordPress Core Developer Chats | Wednesdays at 21:00 UTC in #core
- Search for WordPress MeetUps in your area (and talk Gutenberg there!)
- WordCamp Europe | June 15 – 16 2018
Videos and Courses:
- The AWP Gutenberg Interview Series: The Advanced WordPress Facebook group hosts a 4 part interview series focused on Gutenberg and the future of WordPress development.
- WordPress Weekly – Episode 297: Morten Rand-Hendriksen joins John James Jacoby in a detailed conversation about Gutenberg and its potential impacts.
- Nikola Nikolov’s Tour de Core on YouTube: Hear about his research and experiences building a block for Gutenberg, where users can add photos directly from Unsplash to posts and pages.
- The Advanced WordPress Facebook group held an interview with WordPress co-founder, Matt Mullenweg about the Gutenberg project.
- Gutenberg with Tammie Lister and Matias Ventura on Shop Talk Show
- All Gutenberg tagged Talks at WordPress.tv
- Matt Mullenweg: State of the Word 2017
- What Will Gutenberg Mean for Your Business? | lbdesign
- Gutenberg is Coming (Don’t Be Afraid) Webinar | iThemes Training
- Intro to Gutenberg Courses – Teaching the NEW Editor for WordPress with Joe Casabona and Zac Gordon
Social Networks & Groups
- Envato Forums – #GetGutenberyReadySeries2018
- Facebook Group – wpbeginnershelp/
- Facebook Group – IntermediateWordPress/
- Facebook Group – wpfrontenddevs/
- Facebook Group – internet.questions/
- Facebook Group – AllAboutWP/
- Facebook Group – wphelpandshare/
- Facebook Group – WordPressUser/
- Facebook Group – WordPress4Business/
- Facebook Group – AdvancedWordPress/
- Twitter – ForGutenberg
- Twitter – WordPress
- Twitter – Matt Mullenweg
- Twitter – WP101
- Twitter – WooThemes
- Twitter – wpkube
- LinkedIn Group – WordPress
- LinkedIn Group – WordPress Experts
- LinkedIn Group – WordPress Web Designers
- LinkedIn Group – WordPress Developers
Check out these resources and let us know what you think of Gutenberg!