Welcome to Envato’s Author Hub!
This section talks about the contract you enter with us when you use our Author Hub sites. We’ve explained the meaning of the words in bold at the end of these terms.
Thanks for taking the time to read and understand these terms because they govern your use of our sites and set out your rights and obligations.
If you can’t, or don’t want to, accept these terms, then we’re sorry but you must not use the Author Hub site.
You need to be 16 years or over to browse the Envato Author Hub. We don’t knowingly collect any information from anyone aged 16 or under. You need to be 18 years or over to sign up for a Envato Author Hub. If you’re under 18 you will need to be under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years of age, and this adult will be responsible for all your activities.
Learning with us
We want you to enjoy our sites and learn from them. We give you permission to use the sites and the content in exchange for accepting our terms and complying with them.
Content that is available on our Author Hub is free.
We may restrict, suspend or terminate your access to your account at any time at our discretion if we decide you’ve breached these terms or any law that applies. We’ll be reasonable in exercising our discretion and making such a decision.
Ownership and Use
We, or our instructors, own or have licensed the rights in the content. We also own the rights in the design, compilation and look and feel of the sites. This includes intellectual property rights like copyright.
Our business, and that of our content contributors, is based on intellectual property (IP) including copyright. We need to protect our IP so we can keep giving you access to awesome content.
You agree that you won’t redistribute, frame, repurpose or copy content (unless specifically allowed in these terms), and you won’t use content for any purpose that we have not expressly stated. If you love our content, please send others to the sites rather than send the content to them!
The trademarks and logos on the sites belong to Envato or to others, and you must not use these without the approval of the owner.
We retain the right to take down any user content for any reason at all. We may give notice beforehand or provide a reason but we’re not obliged to do so and this may not always be possible. We’re not liable for any content posted by others on our sites.
Intellectual Property Concerns
We respect the IP rights of others, including those who have been nice enough to let us use any of their material or assets on our sites. Please contact us if you believe that your intellectual property or other rights are being affected by anything on the site.
If you are specifically making a copyright-based claim about content, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Your address, telephone number, and email address
- A description of the location of the alleged infringing material
- A description of the copyright work that has been allegedly infringed;
- A statement by you that you warrant that the information given in your claim is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner or are authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- Your physical or valid electronic signature.
Things You Can’t Do on Our Sites
In using the sites you agree that you will not:
- Use a false email address, impersonate others, or misrepresent your affiliation with others;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to computer systems or materials through Envato Author Hub;
- Engage in automatic gathering of information from or through Envato Author Hub (such as “spidering”, “screen scraping”, “database scraping” or harvesting of e-mail addresses);
- Attempt to interrupt or alter Envato Author Hubs’ operation in any way (for example through sending mass unsolicited messages, “flooding” servers, or introducing a virus, time bomb, trojan horse, worm, cancelbot or other computer routine);
- Use Envato Author Hub or any of the content in a way that violates applicable law, that violates the intellectual property or other rights of us or others, or that is fraudulent, obscene, offensive, misleading, or defamatory;
- Use scripts to automatically mass download content;
- Insert advertising, branding or other promotional content into the site or content;
- Except as allowed in these terms, copy, distribute, transmit, modify or otherwise exploit content, data or code on the sites.
Liability and Disclaimer:
There may be consumer laws where you live. We don’t purport to exclude or modify them if they apply. We call these non-excludable consumer laws.
Except as required by a non-excludable consumer law:
- We are only bound by the express promises we make in these terms. We’re not bound by implied terms
- We don’t promise that the content or your access to the sites will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects will be corrected, or that the site or content are free of viruses or any other harmful components;
- We don’t make any promises about (and we’re not liable for) your access to or reliance on the sites or content in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise;
- We’re not liable for indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, loss or revenue or loss of profits which result from any use of or access to, or any inability to use or access, the sites or content; and
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of any warranty or condition which cannot be excluded is limited, at our option, to either replacement or paying the cost of replacement.
Access and Availability: We’ll try to make sure that you have 24/7 access and we’ll try to keep any downtime to a minimum. We may need to interrupt or suspend your access to the site or the provision of the site’s services and content, for maintenance, technical or other reasons but we’ll try to be quick.
Changes to Terms: We can change terms at any time but we’ll do our best to post information about this on the sites. If you continue to use the sites after the terms change, you will be accepting the new or revised terms.
Interpretation: Words like ‘include’ and ‘including’ are not words of limitation and where anything is within our discretion we mean our sole discretion (unless these terms say otherwise).
Applicable Laws: We control and operate the site from our offices in Australia. The laws of Victoria, Australia govern these terms— you and Envato submit to the jurisdiction of the courts there.
account – your account is your personal portal that is accessed with a username and password and gives you access to content.
content – all types of content available on the site including things like tutorials, articles, descriptions, eBooks, user forum content, assets or materials owned by others.
Envato, we or us – Envato Pty Ltd ABN 11 119 159 741, of Melbourne, Australia.
You or your means any users of the site (including those browsing or accessing an account and purchased content).