We want you to showcase your UI design skills by redesigning the Apple iTunes® interface.
What we’re looking for
We want you to redesign the Apple iTunes interface and share your designs with us. We’ll be showcasing all the best entries on our blog and we’ll award a grand prize winner $1,000.
Think about how the UI and UX could be improved through design. What new or better functionality would you like to see in iTunes? How could search, playlists, or exploring new music be improved visually? What have users been asking for but have not yet seen in these music applications yet? What would the perfect music app look like?
We want you to demonstrate your ideas and design skills and post your redesigns in our forums.
Please note this is entirely a community design contest run and managed by Envato and is not associated or sponsored in any way with Apple/iTunes.
There’s been a lot of public opinion and belief for a while now that iTunes has become bloated, slower, and less usable as time goes by. With a possible iTunes and/or Apple Music rework in the pipeline at the forthcoming Apple Worldwide Developer conference (WWDC) 2016, we thought it would be great to see what designers can come up with to visually capture how the design and user experience of iTunes could be improved.
Research and Inspiration
Get inspired as you begin your research into this challenge by exploring related content not only on Envato Market, but across the web:
- Apple Music Redesign: The Complete Desktop Experience
- iTunes sucks: A GIF guide to why Apple’s desktop music app must be fixed
- iTunes “shots” on Dribbble
- Apple updates iTunes with a ‘simpler’ design that doesn’t really help
Here’s a small selection of music-related user interface designs from GraphicRiver > User Interfaces and Music Templates/Themes on ThemeForest to inspire your research creativity:
How to Enter
- You may choose to focus on any part of Apple iTunes – the desktop app, the mobile app, and/or Apple Music. If you’re feeling particularly adventurous, feel free to include multiple areas of iTunes!
- Drag and drop your final design(s) in the official contest thread.
- You can post as many redesigned screenshots as you wish as part of your submission, but only one entry per person, please.
- You MUST complete the official entry form if you enter so we know where to send your prize to should you win.
- Please read our full terms and conditions.
Prizes & Judging
We’re giving away a massive $2,000 in prizes!
- Grand Prize: $1,000 + a Won a Contest Community badge.
- Runner-up: $500
- 3rd Place: $250
- 4th Place: $150
- 5th Place: $100
Our judges will be looking for great UI design and consideration of UX.
- Deadline: June 24, 2016 (11pm AEDT)
- Winners Announced: July 1, 2016.
Post Your Entries In Our Official Forum Thread!