To help support you with more insights and customer data during these uncertain and challenging times, our Content Insights team have put together the major trending terms from all of our item-types and upcoming seasonal content across Envato Market and Envato Elements.
The charts below show the major search terms that have been trending over the last 3 months. It’s important to keep in mind that some trends are bigger than others!
Terms further right on these charts are growing in demand more quickly, while the higher up these terms are the more popular they currently are.
Upcoming Seasonal Events
We know that with COVID-19 affecting many events and gatherings around the world, seasonal trends centered around these events are bound to be disrupted, whether they are Easter celebrations, sporting events, educational activities or vacations.
This is a time to rethink the way that seasonal events are reflected in our world – a world that is right now, mainly remote and socially-distancing. Here, there is an opportunity to look at events and gatherings with a virtual and online lens. Consider these questions:
- What are some of the ways that this global pandemic might influence the way that we celebrate or engage with each other, work or activities?
- What does this look like for large celebrations and small ones?
- How can we exist together but be separate, physically?
- Will these online events replace the old traditional gatherings?
- As an example, what would content-related to indoor camping activities look like, vs. outdoor camping?
Our Content Insights Team have put together some upcoming seasonal trends and we would encourage you to have a look at what’s coming up and best prepare yourself to adapt and innovate with an online-orientated approach in mind.
Select Seasonal Topics are explored further below:
Islamic Holidays (Ramadan)
- Month long observance of fasting, prayer, reflection and community with celebration/festival at the end around breaking the fast.
- Peak Date was May 6 in 2019.
- Starts April 23 in 2020.
Season – Summer
- Mainly driven by the season name ‘summer’ – make sure that your summer-related content utilizes this keyword!
- Peaks at the end of June / start of July, with a broad timeframe for demand.
- Lots of long-tail related words for summer focused activities to consider (swimming pools, camping, barbecues etc).
- Pride Month
- Pride Parade
- Pride Month is in June, with a parade traditionally at the end of the month.
- Related demand peaks at the end of June, but spans the entire month.
Family Days (Mother’s Day & Father’s Day)
- Mother’s Day peaks early May, but Father’s day is close behind in the month of June.
- Mother’s Day is twice as popular! Sorry dads.
- Don’t forget about grandparents!
- The 4th of July (US Independence Day) is the biggest national holiday trend for customers but not the only national holiday coming up.
- Over July/Aug/Sept there are a handful of national holidays & independence days, including USA, Canada, India, Brazil, Turkey and more.
- Flag-related templates, assets and mockups are of course in-demand.
- Keep in mind national flags can also meet demand for multiple holidays across the year (independence days, national days, republic days, remembrance days, etc).
- E.g. USA ‘American flag’ has a half-dozen key peaks each year.
- Fireworks related content can also have big demand for national holidays, although it’s most closely related to New Years.
Watch this space for more insights! If you have any questions or would like to continue the conversation, jump over to the questions thread on the forums on all things COVID-19 and ways to support each other in this current global environment.