Item Tagging Code: AIOCT2019
As designers, it’s important to make sure that you stay ahead of the fast-paced world that we live in. The constant evolution of technology is exciting and presents many opportunities to create items that connect and make an impact on the customers and brands of tomorrow.
There is no surprise here that Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Technology and Cybersecurity are some of the top video trends that customers are looking for at the moment. Here are the terms simply explained:
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
This is defined as the ability of a machine or computer to display human intelligence processes. With more advanced tools and technology than ever before, AI is on everyone’s mind as it will change the game for many industries in the future.
This usually describes the large volume of data held by business, analysed for insights that helps to guide strategy and better decision-making. Often discussed alongside AI, there is a need for items that help to visualise and communicate big data and what this means.
This is a vast term that covers many different areas. To put it simply, technology refers to the tools and machines that help us to be more efficient, solve problems or do new (and more) things. Being future-focused means that technology-related themes are very much in-demand.
This refers to the practice of protecting internet-connected systems, such as computer systems, software, networks and data. It’s become more and more important as cyber-crime and threats have increased on a global scale, and can potentially affect many more consumers and industries.
Shot List Inspiration:
Check out these great examples for some futuristic inspiration.
Trending Search Terms/Keywords:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data
- Data Center
- Cyber Security
- Server Room
Startups, Technology Services, Educational Institutions, Financial Institutions, Gaming Industries, Travel Industries, Health and Beauty Industries, Food and Drink Industries.
Mixed media tends to work really well in the technology space. Consider compositing motion graphics into your footage to help sell the effect you’re trying to achieve without going too far over the top. Motion graphics within footage work best when applied subtly and in such a way that its difficult for the user to perceive that it was composited into the footage in post production.
The most common casting demographic we see in technology footage is older teens and young adults, in the 18 – 35 range. However with each passing year, we’re seeing technology adaptation across a full range of age groups, so age diversity in your casting choices can be a strong selling point.
Before You Shoot:
Consider your target audience and make sure you’re staging and shooting your clips to best appeal to that range of customers.
With videos relating to technology, it’s very easy to go too far with the scene which can sometimes come across over the top or a little cheesy. When you’re staging, try to shoot for a realistic end result, one where the customer could easily envision the scene actually occurring in real life.
For example, a clip showing a person coding, you might want to find or create actual functioning code on the screen, and let the actor type below it, while looking focused and confident in their abilities, rather than portraying a young man hammering on a keyboard that’s clearly disconnected from the computer, while superimposing The Matrix style code animation onto the screen.
- Create a new item (one or more) that fits in with this theme.
- Tag your item with the custom tagging code [AIOCT2019]. This is important, otherwise your item will not be included in the creative brief challenge.
- Upload your item via the VideoHive Dashboard.
- Make it available on Elements.
- You’re done!
If you need any support, don’t forget to visit out Author Help Center for more information related to preparing, uploading and submitting items.
Please note that submission of an item or items in response to this Creative Brief doesn’t guarantee that those item(s) will be accepted for upload (and therefore be eligible for participation in any associated campaign). Envato’s usual terms, conditions and policies (including submission and review guidelines) will apply to such items.
What Happens Next:
- Items will be accepted for two months from the date of this Creative Brief to be included in the customer campaign. This means that if you would like to have your item(s) considered for the campaign, you will need to submit these before 5pm AEDT on the 24th of November, 2019.
- Best items in this theme (as chosen by judges from Envato) will be featured and shared to our global audience of customers and authors! Once the deadline is reached, you will receive notification if your item has been chosen to be featured.
- Please keep in mind that you need to submit your items with enough time for them to be reviewed, approved and published on Elements by the deadline: 24th of November 2019.
- Remember, as this theme is trending for customers, we would encourage you to continue creating items that fit within this criteria (even after two months) if you would like to draw upon this opportunity!
- Don’t forget to tag your new item(s) with AIOCT2019 otherwise we won’t be able to find them!
As this is a pilot initiative that we are trialling, we would love your feedback on the ways we can improve the experience or add value in the future.
Please fill out this quick survey here once you’ve created, tagged and made your items available on Elements. It should only take a few minutes!